In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Here I go again...
I swear that I will not write EVERY SINGLE TIME I head to the gym to run. But, I kinda need to do it now at the beginning so I feel somewhat accountable. Otherwise, I'll just crawl back into bed or do the laundry or clean the house or go shopping or.... You get my point. So, I'm heading out to the gym now. Once again, I will do my 1 minute of running, 2 minutes of walking, times 7. My legs still hurt from the other day, but as my husband, an ex college football player said to me this morning, "Run through it, baby." Whatever that means. What DOES that mean? Run til it doesn't hurt anymore? When will that be? OK. Enough babbling. I'm off to the races.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment