2. My husband is an awesome coach: Who else would follow behind his wife in the car and drop off Gatorade and Propel early on Sunday mornings?
3. When you need help, ask: I have had lots of friends who have kept me energized and nourished (mentally and physically) along the way.
4. Audiobooks on iTunes are the bomb: The best $25 I ever spent was on the download of a book called, "Can you keep a secret?" British chick lit à la Bridget Jones makes a 20 mile run fun and seemingly painless ("seemingly" ha ha).
5. Lemon-lime Gatorade is an acquired taste.
6. Beer is great after a long run: My favorite is Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Leinie's Red.
7. Wine is never a good option the night before a long run: I only had to make that mistake once.
8. A good bedtime is between 9 and 9:15 P.M: Anything later makes for a disaster.
9. A Camelbak, though sometimes cumbersome, is actually pretty comfortable and reassuring.
10. Buying running gear is fun.
11. Talking to people about running gear is fun.
12. A heart rate monitor probably would have been useful for me. Fortunately, I can take my pulse.
13. Speed workouts are better done on a machine at the gym: air conditioning as well as consistent time keeping are key.
14. Runner's World is a great magazine.
15. Waking up at 5 A.M. to do a long run is a bummer.
16. Wearing a hat is essential for me.
17. Wearing sunglasses is essential for me: it keeps the tiny little gnats out of my eyes.
18. Running skirts are the best: Cute, sassy and athletic all at the same time. Who knew?
19. Running a marathon for a charity is a great way to keep up with training: Thinking about the people I'm helping makes getting out of bed at 5 A.M. a bit more palatable.
20. My family and friends rock: They all care, are concerned and will support me along the route.
21. I can eat anything I want, almost: I don't eat crap, but if I want an ice cream cone, I eat it.
22. Fatigue after a run is a great feeling.
23. I feel such a sense of accomplishment already,.
24. My husband is the bomb. Really. I knew it before, he is so fantastic. Did I mention that already?
25. Run Lola Run is a great soundtrack for, oddly enough, running.
26. My clothes have gotten bigger, but I haven't lost weight.
26.2. Running is fun: Ack! Did I really write that? Yes, I did.
Why do you run? What have you learned?
No comments:
Post a Comment