Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Feel the pain!

Do I ever! Let's just put it this way: Everything hurts. I don't know if it's from soccer on Sunday night, or if it's because of my new-found passion, Cardio Kickboxing. Whatever the cause, I have only one thing to say, "Ouch." My hamstrings are unforgiving this morning, and my back has no idea what has happened to it. It's screaming, "Why, oh why, woman, did you do this to me? I was doing well with some dog-walking here and there and an occasional soccer game. But this, this pain is just cruel!" My arms feel like the weigh about 100 pounds each, and my calves....well, don't even get me started.

Even though I feel like I've been hit by a truck, it feels great! I know that sounds weird, but I feel like the pain is telling me that I'm back at it again, and that this time, ain't no one--including myself and my weird head games--is gonna stop me. I saw a t-shirt at the gym one time that said "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Of course, the t-shirt was being worn by one very buff 20-something gent who made it all look very easy. My initial thought was, "You must be military," because the military people I know definitely have that gritty, no nonsense attitude, which I most certainly appreciate and want more of! My second thought was, "That's such a cliche." But, I gotta say--even though it sounds cheesy--I think I believe the t-shirt. I feel like I'm on my way, and the pain will never be this bad again (but for labor, I imagine).

I am donating blood today, which means I will feel sluggish and nasty afterwards. Which means I either get to the gym before that, or take the day off and get back to it tomorrow. I haven't decided. Right now, I'm enjoying my morning coffee, reveling in my motivation, praying that it would subside again, and looking forward to another day.

No comments: