Friday, June 30, 2006

Feel the burn

Yesterday was BodyFlow, the combo tai chi/yoga/pilates class. It was lovely, as usual, though the warrior positions just killed me. My quadriceps are aching today. Oh well. But I love that class, and I really enjoy my instructor, E. She is really fun. She is the same instructor I have had since January, and she clearly has a great time doing this job. During the work hours (as opposed to those early morning hours when people *should* be sleeping, but are actually at the Y), she is a lawyer, and my sense is that the job is really stressful. So, teaching at the Y is her fun job ;) And, it's easy to see how much she likes it, which makes it all the more fun to go to class!

And, in another miraculous turn of events, the 7 pounds I lost a while back have not eeked their way back to my bod! It's a MIRACLE! I weighed myself on Tuesday. I was in shock at the digital readout. So much was I in shock that I ran to Walgreens to get a new battery. I mean, how is it possible that I didn't gain that weight back? It had to be the battery, right? Well, insert new battery. Readout the same. Oh yeah! It must be the walking with the dog. That's the only activity that I did between March when we got her and about 2 weeks ago when I re-started this whole program.

So, that is a huge shot in the arm because I feel like I'm not starting totally all over. Yes, I had to drop back my running intervals to 4 minutes. Yes, I sometimes have to walk 2 minutes instead of 1 or 1 1/2. No, I didn't gain 7 pounds back. However, the clothes are still tight, and as I've said before, I want to lose weight to the extent that my clothes will look good again. I don't really have the $$ or the motivation to buy new clothes. And, honestly, I've been the same size since 1995. I'm not going to change now!

I've been up since 4:30 am this morning, and I'm definitely dragging. The dog and I walked for over an hour this morning, so I think I may just count that as my workout. I'm really wiped. Tomorrow I have pilates and I may do the kickboxing class after that, depending on how pilates goes. I don't want to kill myself, of course, but I do really like kickboxing, and I just realized they have a class after pilates. I repeat 'pilates' a lot in this paragraph; it's annoying, but I don't know how to reword it. Apologies ;)

No comments: