Life just keeps on coming. I guess that's the way it goes these days. Let me recap briefly:
March 2010: Sold our condo, bought a house
April 2010: Moved in to new house
May 2010: Hubby's mom died after a long and brave battle with breast cancer. Fortunately, she was living with us when she died.
June 2010-December 2010: Aftermath of MIL's death. Putting our lives back together. Trying to get healthy.
August 2010: Registered for the 26.2 with Donna in Jacksonville Beach. This is the nation's only marathon whose proceeds (100%) go to breast cancer research and to helping underserved men and women. A GREAT cause. Go ahead, Google it. You know you want to.
October 2010: Began training for the 26.2 with Donna in Jacksonville Beach. All proceeds go to FINISH breast cancer.
November 2010: Training was GREAT!
Early December 2010: Still training. Asthma attack in middle of workout; worked it out at home.
Mid December 2010: Diagnosed with asthma. Given meds and multiple inhalers to carry with me at all times. Training going less well but still going.
January 2011: Training in holding pattern--not great but still going.
February 13, 2011: Marathon successfully completed in Jacksonville Beach in 6:45, about an hour behind where I wanted to be. Around mile 12, I started having severe foot and hip pain. Had to walk miles 20-26 but ran the last .2 and crossed the finish line.
February 16, 2011: Discovered I needed professionally crafted orthotics to wear due to some weird bone thing in my feet.
March 2, 2011: Received orthotics and am breaking them in.
Though I was so disappointed with my time in JAX Beach, I am not giving up and am intending to run it next year. I can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment