Almost a year has passed (again) since my last entry. I don't know where the time goes.
I have again registered for the 26.2 with Donna in Jacksonville Beach on February 12, 2012. After last year's epic battle to finish the darn thing, I decided that I had to lose weight, cross train more, and run better. I spent the past summer in a boot camp at the gym in our town and, recently, joined the gym and began taking a class called TRX (Total Resistance Exercise), which I happily call, "Navy Seal Class." It was, apparently, developed by a Navy Seal, so when my husband asks, "What on for tomorrow?" I simply say, "Navy Seal class." Then, he knows what kind of torture is coming my way.
The upside of the cross training and focus on eating right is that I've lost almost 15 pounds. So, if the marathon were tomorrow, I'd be 15 pounds lighter than I was for last year's marathon. Right there, I've already won.
My challenge now is to get more running done. I participated in a 15K yesterday and couldn't quite finish. It wasn't that I felt weak; I just hadn't eaten enough the day before and had little gas in the tank, as it were. I have to get back to my training mode when all I do is focus on how much mileage I have coming up and how much food that mileage requires.
When I trained for my first marathon, I was religious about consuming the right food at the right time. I know how to do it; I just have to get it done. Not finishing the 15K, a race about which I was SO excited, was seriously disappointing. I let it go, though, and decided to move on. Which is why, as soon as I got home, I sent a text message to my running partners and told them what next week's long run is going to be. Because I train by minutes not miles, the message was, "Next weekend is 125 minutes. Who's in?" Or something to that effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment