In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Life happens
On Monday I thought that I would have space in my Tuesday for walking or swimming. However, as the Big Guy Upstairs would have it, life happened. The mother of a lifelong friend died on Saturday, and her funeral was yesterday. What would have been my workout time was spent in church, saying prayers and shedding some tears. It was worth every minute and every tear. Having lost a parent myself, I know all too well the sadness, fear and fatigue. Though I don't think my friend saw me there in the congregation, I am comforted to know that I was there for her. So, ironically, life happened. Some things are just more important than a workout, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YES!
Thanks, Lis!
Post a Comment