Onward and upward....
In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Weather
Tonight is a lovely rain/snow/sleet mix. I was hoping for a nice long outdoor run tomorrow, but I may end up at the gym instead. It all depends on what the ice situation is. I'm really sick of winter. Although I'd rather run in the cold air, I prefer summer morning sidewalks: no ice. I find that when I don't have to concentrate to hard on where I'm stepping running goes so much more *easily* for me. I mean, I just get in to a groove and go. When I am watching the sidewalk, I just don't space out as much. Ugh. This is my first winter running outdoors, so I'm learning how to deal with it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep on keepin' on! I'm very proud of you!
Shannon
Post a Comment