Friday, July 14, 2006

Kick it!

I worked out on Sunday and Monday, took Tuesday and Wednesday off, and got back to it yesterday. I have every intention of going to the gym today, and tomorrow is Pilates (AND it's my birthday ;) ). The annoyance about Pilates is that it is held in a room that the YMCA swim team uses during swim meets. I guess they keep their food and drink in there. So, the first Saturday of class and the third Saturday (last week) have been cancelled. Now, I paid money for this class, so if it gets cancelled again, I'm going to ask for my money back. If I have to replace the class, I will simply go to the 9:15 AM kickboxing class on Saturday mornings. Very simple.

I must say, though, that I wish my gym offered my carido kickboxing class every day, because I would so be there every day! I love that class! As I've mentioned before, you can work as high impact or as low impact as you want. I like that. Not that I expected the instructor to get on us if we weren't 'high' impact all the time. But, I worried that my fitness level would prevent me from working hard for the whole 65 minutes. And, but for one aerobics class that I lasted one session in, I have never done group exercise. Anyway, I am doing just fine in kickboxing, and this past Monday I chatted with a 68-year old woman who had spent an hour on the treadmill and had come to the cardio kickboxing class to 'have some fun.' Now, this woman was a bit chunky, definitely someone I would consider her to be a 'normal' exerciser (as opposed to one of those super buff women--of any age--who, just by their very existence, make you feel bad about your love handles). I was like, 'Ok, so the 68-year old woman, who just spent AN HOUR on the treadmill, is coming here for FUN?? What the hell am I worried about?' She and I put our steps right near each other, and I helped her out with some of the moves. She left with about 5 minutes to go because she had an appointment with her personal trainer! The woman never stops. She reminded me of my mother, who NEVER stops moving. It was wonderful. I do believe she was sent by God to help me stay motivated and dedicated to the goals I have set.

So, I must be off now to the gym. Will report later. Thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming!

2 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a fantastic day and wish you all the best for this new year, woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kt:
you are an inspiration as I said before. keep moving is definitely the name of the game. you yourself told me that I have the rest of my life to be tired. Hang in there. love, mom