I am in Florida this week visiting my mom, and I went to a Weight Watchers meeting this morning. I lost 0.6 pounds this past week which brings my total to 7.4 in 4 weeks. I admit that I am not thrilled with 0.6 pounds lost. I was hoping for a bit more, but I did indulge a fair bit on New Year's Eve. At least I didn't gain anything, right?
I have been walking while here in sunny Florida and trying to eat right. I'm happy to be starting a new week this week and, although, I'm not in a rush to lose this weight (ok, a little bit of a rush), I am hoping for a 2.6 pound loss this coming week, so I can claim 10 pounds lost! However, I will also prepare myself for less than that. Though I claim that I am not in a rush, I think I am. I don't know why...
The other thing I have been thinking about is what I will do when I have lost the weight. My goal weight is 130 pounds which I have never been in my adult life. I feel like I went from double digits (99 pounds) to 150 pounds (which is now a soon-to-be-achieved goal :) ) in a matter of days, though I realize that didn't exactly happen. I have obsessed about my weight for ALL of my adult life, and I often wonder what I will obsess about/focus on once I have achieved my goal weight. To be quite honest, I am a little worried about that phase, and I realize that I am getting ahead of myself. I do believe that losing weight loss is more about connecting to psychological issues than it is about feeding myself. There is a lot more to it, and I am only just beginning to understand the psychological aspects of my weight losses and gains throughout the years. I believe that uncovering this psychological stuff is the key to my permanent weight loss and to the eventual maintenance of my goal weight. I'd be curious to know if any of you out there have thoughts on this topic.
Happy New Year!
Week Three Loss: 0.6 pounds
Total Loss to date: 7.4 pounds
2 comments:
You are not getting ahead of yourself, you are trying to set reasonable goals because you probably know that's key to making sure you are successful! I think this is so smart. It might be good to bring up this issue at a WW meeting, since they have experts or at least experienced people who could help you (and others who probably need it too) work through this. :) Good luck, and we're rooting for you. MWAH.
Thanks, Stef. You're right. I should ask around in my meeting. Today, one woman who has lost 75 pounds mentioned how hard it is sometimes to keep on going. It was great to hear, and she could be a great resource. Thanks.
Post a Comment