Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lessons learned

I am, to sound like my undergrads, totally psyched. I lost 2.4 pounds this past week, which brings me to a total loss of 8.6 pounds. Though having gained 0.6 the week before totally sucked, I learned a lot in the week since. I have learned how to portion my restaurant meals, I have learned to slow down when I eat, I have learned that tap water bores the hell out of me, and that investing in LaCroix or other sparkling waters is not snobby. It is a necessity for me to be successful. Even when it's not on sale, which is when I used to buy it previously, I will buy it and enjoy it because, when all else fails, drinking water seems to work. I have also learned that I need to ease up on myself. I need to understand how far I've come physically and emotionally. I've learned that I need to focus on from where I've come, not on what I have *failed* to accomplish. I need to focus on what I have (better eating habits, clothes that fit again, etc) and not on what I don't have (a tight ass and size 2 pants; in fact, those aren't even my goals, to be quite honest!).

I know I will get there, to my 30 pound loss, and I'll get there because of weeks like the last couple.

Thanks for all of the support! Readers, you are the best!

Weight Loss Week 5: 2.4 pounds

Total Weight Loss: 8.6 pounds

No comments: