Today I almost fouled up, big time. Last night we went to dinner with some friends. Of course, I have to be super careful about eating out (especially since I splurged a lot on Friday night...at home, nonetheless!). I ordered a fabulous blackened chicken salad without the croutons, dressing on the side and all that jazz. I ate 1/2 of it, which I am slowly but surely learning to do. In order to eat only 1/2, one must take one's time, which has never been one of my strengths. Did I tell you have older brothers? And they used to take food off my plate? And eat it. Not that I starved, by any stretch, but I used to eat my food REALLY fast so that they would have nothing to grab. This is why I eat (or 'used to eat') so fast. In fact, when I met my husband, he spent our first date admiring how I threw back an enchilida at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Um. Yeah. That's nice to hear. Well, he married me so it couldn't have been too disgusting. Anyway, where was I? Oh right. Dinner last night. So, I ate only half and took the rest home in this thing they call 'a doggy bag' (I'm kidding. I've heard of it, I just never really had a need for it...until now). Well, this morning, I woke up RAVAGING. I wanted to eat the house. Really. And then I wanted to go out and have breakfast at my favorite diner. Alas, I did not. Instead, I drank a glass of water (my meeting leader has suggested that since it worked for her) then I had two whole grain waffles (2 points, thank you!), with reduced fat peanut butter (1 TBSP = 2 points) and coffee with skim milk (barely 1 point). It was yummy. Then, I had another glass of water in an attempt to kind of bloat myself (also known as 'trying to trick myself into thinking I'm full'). Um, that didn't work. I was still hungry. So, I took the dog on a 2 mile walk. Came back REALLY hungry. I ate a piece of baguette from the homemade salmon dinner on Friday night. Sadly, that's like 4 points, if you can believe that s&*t. Blah blah blah. I'm boring myself. Point is, by 1pm I had 5 points left, knowing that my husband was planning to make his low fat jumbalya tonight. I LOVE his jumbalya. What to do, what to do? The ONLY way to earn points back is to...yes, you know it...workout! At 3 P.M. on a Sunday, when I am normally still in my pajamas, I went to the gym (oh, we now take a class on Sundays, but, for various & boring reasons, we missed it). I worked out for 55 minutes: 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 35 minutes on the treadmill. I even ran for about 8 minutes (2 minute intervals running w/2 minute intervals walking). I came home and calculated that I had earned FIVE points. Which means I can eat a normal amount (1 cup) of jumbalya. Thank God.
Today was not a good day. I was miserable for most of it, feeling like I'm starving all the time (which isn't true) and not losing weight (see previous post). I guess there will be days like this. Sigh.
2 comments:
I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but you have inspired me to a. eat Lean Cuisine for lunch instead of trying to trick my coworkers into going to Chic fil a 4x a week b. bring "matchstick" carrots (baby carrots are soooo 2006), lowfat plain yogurt and fruit and cheese to work to snack on instead of the cherry turnovers my boss brings me. c. try and drink at least a bottle of water a day (I'll work up to more, I am promising myself this) and d. making my afternoon coke a mostly diet coke.
I am also starving. Going from 50000 calories a day to a more reasonable 2000 is not easy. So hang in there--if you cave, my weak-willed self most definitely will.
LOVE YOU! I am so proud of you!
Great, Stef. I'm glad I'm helping. On rare occasions, I feel like a lost caused. However, Shannon is eating better, as are you, so I will keep on keepin' on!
Post a Comment