Tuesday, February 28, 2006

5 MINUTES 30 SECONDS

I was not really sure how today's run would go. My legs (particularly my hamstrings) were still a little tight from Sunday's soccer win, but I decided that I should just get on the treadmill and go. I told myself that the minimum interval running I would allow myself was 4.0 minutes. Sometimes I like to be a wimp and not challenge myself. I decided that, today, I had to at least set a minimum time frame, otherwise I may just lollygag the whole 30 minutes. Here's how the workout went:

Minutes:
0:00-5:00---Walking warm up at 4.3MPH
5:00-10:30--Run at 5.9MPH
10:30-12:00--Walk at 4.0MPH
12:00-17:30--Run at 5.9MPH
17:30-19:00--Walk at 4.0MPH
19:00-24:30--Run at 5.9MPH
24:30-26:30--Walk at 4.0MPH (was feeling like I needed an extra 30 seconds, so I took it :) )
26:30-30:00--Run at 5.8MPH
30:00-35:00--Cool down starting at 3.5, moving down slowly to 2.0.

In total, I *only* walked 5 of the 25 running minutes. I really cannot believe it. I looked back at my first posts, and I've realized how far I've come. I never thought I would be able to run 5 minutes in a row!! If I can do this, anyone can :)

No comments: