In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Ah-ha!!
This morning I realized that I had not run in almost one week. As I got back on the treadmill, I realized why it's not good to go too long without running: it's hard to get back to where one was. Ah-ha! So that's what *they* mean. Got it. I was still able to run 5.0 minutes with 1.5 minute walks, but it was painful every step of the way. And, I had planned on getting up to 5.5 minutes this week, but I don't think it's going to happen. I realize that my girls' weekend was good for my health in other ways, but I can really feel the difference between a day off and 5 days off. I think that will be the last time I do that again. It's really encouraging to make weekly progress, and I don't want to get to a point where I'll again hate running. In order to avoid that, I think I need to run every other day. I've learned my lesson. Time to move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment