In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Whoa, Nelly!
I went to my yoga/pilates class today fully expecting the normal workout routine that we've been doing since January 4 or so. Not quite. E., my instructor, changed things up a bit. I understand why she did it: variety, different muscle usage, etc. I SO get it. However, my abs so did NOT get it. This *new* routine had a VERY long abs segment. I can't remember the last time my abs were in so much pain. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I actually intentionally worked on my abs (I realize running works the abs, but I'm talking about sit ups. Actually saying to yourself, "Hmmm...I think my abs need a work out today." I've NEVER done that. Ever. In fact, my trainer at the Y has, in the past, had to pretty much bribe me to get on the ab ball. I haven't worked out with him in about 7 months, and I think it's because of the ab ball. Anyway, I digress). I think I'm going to be in major pain tomorrow. MAJOR. And, I have class again on Saturday, and my sense is that E. is going to, once again, put on this new routine. I will have to psyche myself up big time. Poor, sweet, unformed abs....Oh well. Maybe I'll start to enjoy working on my abs, kind of like I've started to enjoy running. I won't count on it, but if it (enjoying ab workouts) happens, all the better. I don't think anyone will see me at the "Abs" CLASS (a full HOUR of ab work. That is truly my version of hell!) anytime soon. One never knows, though, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I did the ab workout on my Denise Austin tape and it hurt for several freaking-fracking days. OY.
Post a Comment