I have just returned from an a&^-kicking at my yoga/pilates class. I think we've sorta decided that our blog is rated G, so you can fill in the blanks above :) Today that class was VERY rough. I was sweating like a pig and breathing so heavily. Now, you may be asking yourself, "Isn't today the day you said you had to run after your class?" Oh, yes, yes it was. And, I'm happy to report that I got my bad self on the treadmill AFTER that serious a*&-kicking, and I ran for 4.0 minute intervals (1.5 minute walking) for 20 minutes. Sure, it wasn't 30 minutes, but I figured something is better than nothing AND I really don't want to hurt myself or get sick. By the end, my quadriceps were like, "Woman, that is EEEENOUGH! Let us sit, please!" I have to say, though, that my heart and breathing were actually pretty good. I was indeed panting/breathing heavily, but today was more muscle fatigue than cardio fatigue.
I would have just avoided the run today, but last night I went to test out some clothes in my closet to see how tight they still were. I have a fabulous red dress from Ann Taylor (it's a little cocktail dress), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Trying on that dress back in September was the moment where I thought, "Darn, I really have put on weight." I couldn't get it above my knees. So sad. Last night, I am happy to report that it went above the knees, but it was tight. I had the whole dress on, but it was still REALLY tight in the hip/tummy area. But, at least it got over the knees. I would REALLY love to wear that dress to a wedding this coming June. That is why I found my way to the treadmill this morning. I just kept thinking, "Red dress, red dress." External motivation seems to get me through my lazy patches. Sure, I should exercise for health, for my heart, yada yada yada. I get that. However, the little red dress is SO cute. I heart it.
To the red dress that now fits over my knees, I salute you!
No comments:
Post a Comment