Thursday, February 23, 2006

Could it REALLY be?

As I was slugging my way through 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, I thought to myself, 'Could it REALLy be this painful to get started again after ONLY five days off?' Appparently it is. Yowza. Yesterday was about .00000005% better than Tuesday. I was sort of hoping that, after Tuesday's workout, I'd be back to my *normal* runs. Uh, notsomuch. But, I did my 5.0 run / 1.5 walk, but it was not so pretty.

Today I made it to yoga/pilates class at 6am. My instructor was very sweet and said that they had missed me at Saturday's class. How nice. My bod has been aching, though, so the stretching segments of today's class came in very handy. The good news is that my clothes are fitting better, and I can see some changes in my body. So, I got that going for me.

1 comment:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Seeing progress always takes the edge off of a bad workout.

Also, when in doubt, the Caddyshack references can't hurt. :)