In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Thursday, March 01, 2007
-1.0
I weighed in this morning and have lost another 1.0 pound, which brings my total to 14.2 pounds lost since 12/14/06. I'm very excited.
FABULOUS!! Yea for you! I am your "anonymous" commentor and I want to thank you for your blog entry in response to my request for advice. I have read it several times and have been trying to formulate a response that would convey to you how much it helped me. The entire entry was helpful and encouraging. But I have to tell you, you said two things that made me stop and really think. The first - "Love yourself enough to make the time to get fit." And "It's not just about losing weight. It's about gaining a healthy life."
Those three short sentences have helped me more than you will ever know. So thank you . . . for running, for joining weight watchers, for being a perfectionist, for helping me see that I only need to do this for myself.
Congrats on losing 14 pounds in two months! You should be very proud of yourself!
3 comments:
I think that deserves a "Can I get a what-what?" you rock, girlie-mama.
FABULOUS!! Yea for you! I am your "anonymous" commentor and I want to thank you for your blog entry in response to my request for advice. I have read it several times and have been trying to formulate a response that would convey to you how much it helped me. The entire entry was helpful and encouraging. But I have to tell you, you said two things that made me stop and really think. The first - "Love yourself enough to make the time to get fit." And "It's not just about losing weight. It's about gaining a healthy life."
Those three short sentences have helped me more than you will ever know. So thank you . . . for running, for joining weight watchers, for being a perfectionist, for helping me see that I only need to do this for myself.
Congrats on losing 14 pounds in two months! You should be very proud of yourself!
So glad I could help, Anonymous. As they say in some therapy groups: Keep coming back.
Post a Comment