My red dress fits! With room to spare!!!! I cannot believe it. I got home from work today, and I was ravaging, or so I thought. I only have about 5 points to spare, and I still would like to eat dinner. SO, I had to figure out something else to do. Trying on my red dress was 'something else to do.' Now, a year ago, I could not get this dress over my knees. Today, I am able to put it on, zip it up, and walk around. I can even bend down (this is the true test: a girl must always do that check to make sure she doesn't rip the lining of the dress!). It's pretty thrilling for me. Only a few short months ago, wearing that thing was a pipe dream. I remember thinking that I would never get in to it again. And, here we are.
Now, I know it may seem silly to get so worked up about a little red dress. It's important to me because it's a gift my husband bought for me when he was *just* my fiance. I've always looked at that dress as the beginning of "us": Before that day in Ann Taylor, I used to refuse his suggestions for clothing to wear. I thought he was trying to change me, and I was so wrong. That shopping trip was the first time I looked at him and said, "What would you like to see me wear?" He showed me the red dress, I tried it on, and I looked GOOD! I knew then, at that very moment, what S. was trying to do for me. It is for these reasons that I am so into that dress. It reminds me of a (another?) turning point in my life. I think S. and I might have to hit the town this weekend so I can wear my dress!
Stay tuned for a running report tomorrow. I'm finally feeling better, and tomorrow will be the day to get back full tilt to running on the treadmill.
No comments:
Post a Comment