I think I'm just going to jump in with both feet. I don't know if it's the coffee I just drank, the wonderful snowy walk I took with Miss Cleo (who, by the way, I have discovered does not like slush) earlier this afternoon, or if it's that I simply feel inspired to just do it.
I was sitting at my computer, doing (in theory) work for my class on Friday, and I suddenly said to myself, "Self, go to Google and type in '5K runs wisconsin.'" I found a huge list of runs for each month of the year. Knowing that May is a pretty decent month here in 'da upper midwest, I clicked on 'May,' and found a 5k/10k/half marathon/marathon in Madison, my fave city in these here parts. I'm tempted to just go ahead and register and worry about the rest (like running 6 miles) later. I would give the 10k a go**, to be honest.
I need some encouragement, though, because I'm already starting the negative talk (and I HAVEN'T EVEN REGISTERED!!!). Why is it that we are our own worst enemies???
**When I first wrote this post, I was feeling very gung ho to do the 10K. Then, upon reading some training manuals and talking with a few people--myself included--I've decided that focusing on the 5K is a wiser choice. I'm a big fan of doing things in small-ish steps, and the 5K thing seems more do-able by May than a 10K.
1 comment:
Register RIGHT NOW. I will pay for it if I have to. I know you, Kat. You need a goal. Your 130 weight number is a good one, so why not throw in one more? 5K ready by May is totally doable, and I think if you commit to it now, you will get yourself ready in no time. So what are you waiting for??
Post a Comment