After almost TWO weeks off from running (shame on me :) ), I went back to the gym today! Though I was there on Saturday for my yoga/pilates class, I haven't been there to run since we returned with Cleo the Dog.
I fully congratulated myself for even getting to the gym. I know that I have to reward myself for small tasks, so I patted myself on the back. From there, I proceeded to the stretching room in an effort to procrastinate a bit more. After 15 minutes of stretching, I thought, "Just get on the dang treadmill already. I'll let you do 4 minutes in a row instead of your pre-dog 6 minutes." So, I got going. And, much to my surprise, I was able to do my 6 minute intervals at 5.7 (first running interval) and 5.8 (the rest of the intervals) with 1.5 minutes walking at 4.0.
I'm not exactly certain why I was able to run 6 minutes again like that. Perhaps it's that I quit drinking alcohol for Lent. Perhaps it's because, but for a moment of BBQ in Memphis and a Pizza (I love Pizza so much, it gets a capital "P") the night we got the dog, I *mostly* at well on our roadtrip to Mississippi. Perhaps it's that, once you start conditioning yourself at this level ("this level" being higher and harder than I've ever done before in my life), you can get back to it more easily. Perhaps it's all an evil joke, and tomorrow I will feel like crap and my legs will feel like tree trunks. We'll see what happens.
More fun news on the "what I get from running besides tired" front: yesterday I tried on my formerly tight jeans, and they are BAGGY. And my a#@ (sorry, Mom) looks AWESOME in them! I was passing by our bathroom mirror yesterday on my way to do the laundry, and I noticed how great my pants (and my butt) looked! Good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment