I figured that if I could get some funky music on my little friend that I would be inspired to run more/farther/harder/at all. The catch was that I didn't have anything to hold my iPod. You have to understand, we don't have kids. The most delicate thing we own at this point in time is our iPod, and we (read I) treat it like a child (or how I imagine I would treat a child). I often find myself saying (to myself...I spend a lot of time alone), "Be careful with her/him/it." I know, weird. Point is, I couldn't fathom the idea of taking my cute little (and expensive...oh, right, I'm soooooooooopppper cheap; it's a well-known fact) iPod naked to the gym. I just couldn't risk the nicks and scratches that could potentially harm her/him/it. Finally, it dawned on me (oh, right, I'm also not the quickest to catch on to trends :) ) that those new fandangled iPod arm bands might be the way to go. And, so it goes. I found this fabulous arm band at Best Buy in my area. So, I'm off now to the gym. Going to test this thing out. I'll report back later. In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Tooonage Part Deux
In order to increase my chances of being enthused while running, I (finally) bought an arm band for my iPod.
I figured that if I could get some funky music on my little friend that I would be inspired to run more/farther/harder/at all. The catch was that I didn't have anything to hold my iPod. You have to understand, we don't have kids. The most delicate thing we own at this point in time is our iPod, and we (read I) treat it like a child (or how I imagine I would treat a child). I often find myself saying (to myself...I spend a lot of time alone), "Be careful with her/him/it." I know, weird. Point is, I couldn't fathom the idea of taking my cute little (and expensive...oh, right, I'm soooooooooopppper cheap; it's a well-known fact) iPod naked to the gym. I just couldn't risk the nicks and scratches that could potentially harm her/him/it. Finally, it dawned on me (oh, right, I'm also not the quickest to catch on to trends :) ) that those new fandangled iPod arm bands might be the way to go. And, so it goes. I found this fabulous arm band at Best Buy in my area. So, I'm off now to the gym. Going to test this thing out. I'll report back later.
I figured that if I could get some funky music on my little friend that I would be inspired to run more/farther/harder/at all. The catch was that I didn't have anything to hold my iPod. You have to understand, we don't have kids. The most delicate thing we own at this point in time is our iPod, and we (read I) treat it like a child (or how I imagine I would treat a child). I often find myself saying (to myself...I spend a lot of time alone), "Be careful with her/him/it." I know, weird. Point is, I couldn't fathom the idea of taking my cute little (and expensive...oh, right, I'm soooooooooopppper cheap; it's a well-known fact) iPod naked to the gym. I just couldn't risk the nicks and scratches that could potentially harm her/him/it. Finally, it dawned on me (oh, right, I'm also not the quickest to catch on to trends :) ) that those new fandangled iPod arm bands might be the way to go. And, so it goes. I found this fabulous arm band at Best Buy in my area. So, I'm off now to the gym. Going to test this thing out. I'll report back later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment