Running today was not fun. I really struggled with each of my intervals. Here's how it broke down:
0-5min: walking warm up and 4.2 (1.0% incline)
5-11min: running (0% incline but, yes, a SIX minute interval...thank you, thank you)
11-12:30: walking interval
12:30-18:00: running
18-20: walking interval (needed an extra 30 seconds as my legs were wobbly :) )
20-25:30: running
25:30-27: walking interval
27-30: running
30-35: walking cool down
Though I did pretty well, remaining at a minimum of 5:30 running intervals, I still felt pretty lethargic. I wanted to test myself with the 6 minute running interval, and I'm thinking I may begin to incorporate just one of those this week. My cardiovascular ability was fine today; it was my legs that were literally dragging me down. Oh well. You'll have that, I suppose.
I went to the gym on Friday and ran while watching Dr. Phil. Good stuff.
Saturday was yoga/pilates class.
Sunday night was a soccer game, which we won.
So I'm keeping active, doing what I need to be doing. As Heather rightly pointed out, some days and weeks are just better than others. I think this may end up being an off week, but that's ok. I'll work through it and keep on truckin'.
2 comments:
Off weeks are part of being a Runner, baby!! The true Bad Ass Runner Girl (which you ARE) in you comes out when you realize you just trained RIGHT THROUGH a couple of off weeks.
You told me in January, and I'm telling you now: Keep the faith--after all, faith is pretty meaningless when everything's dandy, right?
You are one tough lady, and I know you're going to get through this. Bribe yourself with pizza from your fave pizza guy. Or splurge on some sweet new iTunes to rock out with while you're running. Get a massage--do whatever works! But above all, know that I'm behind you, 100%
Thanks. You're the best training partner!!!!! I do need some new tunes to run to so please suggest :)
Post a Comment