
So, where have I been for the past week or so? I have found new love. And, it comes in the form of a dog. My husband and I have been researching for over a year the *right* dog for us. Last weekend we drove down south to good 'ole Mississippi to get our girl. She is a Black Russian Terrier.
To say that she is keeping me active would be an understatement. This 12 week old treasure loves her walks around the park. She comes to us from a farm in Mississippi, and we live in the city (thankfullyl two big city parks surround our building). She's adjusting to the noises of buses, cars, ambulances and the like.
Today was my first day back at the gym in over a week. I had every intention of going on Thursday morning for my yoga/pilates class. Cleo the Dog had other plans for me: taking her for a walk at 4;30am. I fell back in bed at 5am, thinking I had 15 minutes until I had to be up for class. When I came to, it was 6:50am. Class was half over :) Oh well.
I'm happy to be back, and I will mentally prepare myself to NOT be ready to run 6.0 minutes in a row. I'll be happy with 4.0, or even less, depending on my mood. I have to keep pushing myself, of course, but I also don't want to hurt myself or make myself hate running again.
Stay tuned.
2 comments:
She is SO CUTE.
Thanks! I love her so much already :)
Post a Comment