YEAH, Stef, for keeping on keepin' on! That's awesome. Tonight is soccer for me, so I'm laying (lying?) low today.
Friday was quite the laugh for me. I recently bought new workout pants. Unbeknownst to me, they stretched out as I sweated profusely, and I tripped on the cuff of one leg. Miraculously, I did NOT fall off the treadmill. I looked like an ass, but I kept on running. I think I willed myself to stay upright because of the marathon runner behind me. I thought, "I DO NOT want to do this (fall down) right now." So, I kept on going after, of course, hiking up my pants.
Yesterday was yoga/pilates/stretching class. I LOVE that class. I worked up a darn good sweat, and I'm starting to get used to the yoga terminology. My people are Irish and Catholic and stocky; so am I, of course. Despite my stockiness, stretching has always been relatively easy for me. However, there is one position in yoga (and I can't remember the name) where, from downward dog, you bring one of your feet forward to your hands in one full movement (in theory). Uh, yah, can't do that. So, I just throw my foot forward, hoping it goes somewhere near my hand, and then I inch it forward from there. EVENTUALLY, I end up in the proper position. My instructor has told me this will get easier. Being the dorky student that I am, I put my mat at the front of the studio, right in front of E., my instructor. Thus, she is able to give me nice individual comments :)
As far as running goes this week, I'm going to move up a bit, from 1 minute running - 2 minutes walking to 2 minutes running - 1 minute walking. If that proves to be too much, I'll do 2 minutes walking (thus, 2 minutes running-2 minutes walking). We shall see. I'm learning to challenge myself but also listen to my body.
Keep it up, Stef. I can only imagine how the abs (and the rest of your body) feel after pushing Heavy D. out of your bod. There are two women on my soccer team who have recently returned from pregnancies. They are *seemingly* back to their pre-pregnancy bodies. I say *seemingly* because they have made several comments about their abs/stomach areas. They are finding that area of the body to be particularly challenging. The bright side for you is that you could be like me and not have a baby to show for your weak abs :) I can only attribute mine to pizza :) HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment