Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tight jeans

All I had to do today to get myself to the gym was try on my favorite pair of jeans. They've been tight (and they're not tight cuz they're supposed to be...I mean, let's be honest here) since, oh, September, but I wanted to see if my running and my 6 days a week at the gym had had an impact on the tightness. Not yet. So, I got myself dressed in my gym clothes and headed out. I did the elliptical machine for 35 minutes. I haven't been on that machine in a LONG time, and it felt great to be back.

Yesterday I worked out twice. My husband is thinking of joining my gym, so I told him that we could go over there together last night after work and exercise together (something I REALLY want to do with him). I did my running in the morning because I'm better in the morning...in general and with running. Last night, Hubby took a tour of the gym, got a week-long guest pass and we worked out for about 40 minutes. I did about 35 minutes walking on the treadmill. I didn't set any records, because I didn't want to wear myself out.

SO, that's the scoop. Tight jeans be damned. You will fit soon. Oh yes you will!

2 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Again, you're so good. It's been too insane around here to even breathe. Occasional single parenthood be damned!!

I even ate *fast food* today. First time in over two weeks, which HAS to be a record for me.

Kat said...

Hang in there, Stef! You'll be back at it in no time! There will always be treadmills and terrain to run!