Saturday, January 21, 2006

I did it!

Just getting to the gym yesterday was a triumph in and of itself. I ran my intervals, and, though it wasn't pretty, I did it. I got there around 3pm, just in time to watch Dr. Phil on the TV. Thankfully, I brought my headphones, which plug into the treadmill (which plugs into the TV...very high tech). I just kept on running. At one interval, I ran 3 minutes! I had to then walk for 2 minutes, but at least I'm pushing myself.

I've also discovered that I need to eat well. Part of my fatigue yesterday was lack of food. I ate yesterday, don't get me wrong. But I didn't eat ENOUGH. I got busy with my dissertation and just sort of nibbled on some yogurt, a banana, some turkey pepperoni, and some cheese. I didn't actually sit down and eat a meal. I've learned that I need to do that if I'm going to keep up this running bit. I love to eat, so that works for me.

I feel particularly proud of myself these past few days. I've worked hard on my dissertation revisions, and I've still managed to get myself to the gym for my workouts. My husband is also inspired by me and has, in fact, decided to join my gym. I'm very happy about that! So, little by little, life is getting healthier and more organized: I find that when I have several things going on at once, I am much more organized and much more efficient.

Now, to balance all that off, I'm heading off to church. Mental health--physical health--spiritual heath.... I finally made the connection. Phew.

No comments: