In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Inspiration? Let's see...how about "Do it for me, because I don't know if I will be able to today!" or better yet: "You deserve this time for yourself, even if you only walk the entire 30 min. It'll give you a chance to think and be active and feel good." I often find if I give myself an "out" like saying I can walk the whole time if I just GO that I usually try to do a little bit more (ie, maybe not run as much as I had originally wanted to, but do a little) and end up feeling really good about whatever I do that's beyond what I promised. So even if I only run a total of 5 min, that's way more than I'd planned when I made the deal w/myself, so I end up feeling better about a 5 min run than if I had gone and run twice that but still wasn't able to meet my *original* goal. Does that make sense?
And in the end, if you skip a day, it's ok. I'm still living and breathing and it's been four days...
YES! I'm heading out the door! I cannot handle these revisions anymore. Time to go burn off the steam that is going to come out of my ears, if I don't do something fast! Thanks for the encouragement. Will report later :)
I think my biggest inspiration was when an old friend of mine told me something like, "Come on, Lisa, of all the things you are busy with, you are telling me you really can't make one hour of each day time for your body and well-being?"
You are already out there doin it, girl, keep it up!
Inspiration 1: OK sometimes only a half an hour works, or five mins (which is way more than zero). Think of how your endorphins are gonna get all fired up and you will feel so much better afterwards, clearning your head for dissy issues! And you will feel much sexier, you know you will!
Inspo 2: totally concur with mommymatic: skipping now and again is OK, isn't it? (because really, who's bionic out there...stuff comes up) I'm finding that since the advent of My Regular Exercise, my bod can bounce back better than when skipping was the norm, not the exception (as if my legs and rear said to me, "...we are over 30, so what was that? Swimming? Heart rate? We do not understand these concepts anymore, we will rebel. We are shutting down and make you suffer when you try to do it again. Take some more time off, come on!").
Inspo 3: I have a set window of time I need to get my jaunt in, so I put on my sporty-spice walking gear, even when I don't feel like going at ALL. 99% of the time I am out the door within 10 mins of being in my apt thusly dressed (ok, once I just super slacked and took a nap or whatever. Sad to wake up in a sports bra feeling flabby;)
Post a Comment