In October 2008, I made it to my FIRST (not last!) marathon. After the arrival of our baby boy in May 2009, I'm back to running, this time with my boy who loves to say, "Mommy run!" I'm a couch potato at heart, now a runner with turtle-like speed . "Better slow than not at all" is my mantra. Oh, and, "Who moved the finish line?"
Thursday, February 08, 2007
-1.6
Just got back from my WW meeting, and I have lost another 1.6 pounds, which brings my total to 11.8. I am 4.2 pounds away from my 10% goal. Today we talked about chocolate, my best friend and my nemisis. For one of the first times, I shared with my co-weight watchers that I have pretty much avoided all chocolate (with the exception of some Weight Watcher chocolate mint crisp granola bars) since starting this program on December 14. The group was stunned, and my meeting leader reminded all of us that WW is a program that lets you eat ANYTHING, so you should, within reason. I totally get that, but chocolate is so good, and I'm afraid that I would an entire bag. Solution? Buy one chocolate truffle from a local candy store. Another solution? Buy a couple of pieces, eat one and freeze the rest. The freezer is actually a deterent for me, so that might be a good way to go (in addition to the single piece purchase). Everyone was very helpful, which I appreciated. The point was also made that many times when we avoid eating what we really want we end up eating too much of something else. It's the idea of "skirting around" the food. For example, one woman, who really wanted a Snickers bar, wouldn't let herself have it and, instead, wound up consuming TEN points by "skirting around" the chocolate. That's almost HALF my points total, so I'd rather just have the chocolate and be done with it. The meeting was very beneficial, and I'm glad I went. I'm learning a lot about how to live with food and make smart choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats!! you're doing great--keep up the good work.
Biscuit LU, Le Petit Ecolier, 70% cocoa kind (extra dark) Savoring one bikkie hits my choc-o-spot every time. Plus all those antioxidents, yadda yadda from such a high cocoa content...
Post a Comment