Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's GARBAGE

I have Garbage to thank for my new-found love of running for more than 5 minutes! There is a song on this album called Push It, and it honestly gets me through the rough patches. I knew this would be the disc for me and my running when my husband told me several years ago that he once got a speeding ticket because he was listening to this CD and really began to "push it." And, it works. Today, the legs were a bit tired, but I got to the gym and ran. Here's how it broke down (minutes go backwards today because that's how my treadmill times things):

30min-28min: walk at 4.0 at 1% incline
28min-18min: run at 5.4 at 1% incline
18min-13min: walk at 4.0 at 1% incline
13min-6min: run at 5.4 at 1% incline
6min-0min: walk at 4.4 at 1% incline

So, there you go. I feel like I'm getting better and better!

2 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

You ARE getting better and better!! 17 minutes total running?? That's awesome--and see how fast it came back?? I am so proud of you.

Lisaopolis said...

wow, I envy the 17 mins of running, that is a LOT. You go girl. And the story of pushin' it to Garbage is HILLARIOUS!