Thursday, February 01, 2007

Up One

I got back from my WW meeting about an hour ago. I gained 1.0 pound, which I actually don't care about. A gain that small has to be clothing, hormones, the water I drank at the gym this morning, the coffee I drank before going to the meeting, etc. Not worried, for a change. Not panicked, for a change. Just feeling good that I didn't gain more: We had a lovely dinner out on Friday night (almost one week ago) with some wonderful friends. I ate and drank to my heart's content, having saved up some extra points so I could indulge. Then, one friend announced some good news to the rest of us, so I had to have another glass of wine to toast with. You see, very logical choices! Saturday was dinner at our house with a friend from college and her husband. They drove up from the northern 'burbs of Chicago. I didn't go completely overboard, by any stretch, but I had fun. And, if from all of that, I only gained a pound, that's cool. It was a pound well earned and totally worth it!

I learned a great tip today during my meeting: In addition to asking for dressing on the side when ordering a salad at a restaurant, and rather than pouring approximately one or two tablespoons on your salad, you dip each bite in a little of the dressing. I did that today at lunch, and it was lovely. I had WAY less than I normally have, and I was able to enjoy my salad. And, in my opinion, there's nothing worse than a salad with no dressing. The one-bite dunk seems like a great idea.

At the gym this morning, I was able to run for about 8 minutes total (2 to 3 minute running intervals with 2 minutes walking in between). It's amazing how shedding 10 pounds makes running A LOT easier. Can't wait til I'm 30 pounds lighter. That's going to be an interesting feeling, for sure!

Thanks again for all your support:
Week 7 Loss/Gain: +1.0
Total Loss: 10.2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a great attitude!! I love it.

Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, found you off CRN. Hang in there you can do it!

Lisaopolis said...

I like the salad dressing idea (and I totally agree that NO dressing is...just boring)!

Kat said...

Thanks, Gang. Jason: Glad you stopped by. Thanks, too, for the comment. What's CRN? Is it something I once read and have totally forgotten about? HA.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Hey babe--wow, look at all the commenty love! Yay! I am proud of you for all your accomplishments, but proud mostly for your thoughtful reaction to the "gain" this week. As your mama said, you have such a great attitude, and you are finally giving yourself a break--which you richly deserve. Seeing you learn to be kind to yourself is a dear thing, indeed.