Monday, February 12, 2007

The big 1-5

Yesterday, I ran for FIFTEEN straight minutes! Thank you, thank you. Here's how it broke down:

0min-2min: walk at 4.0 at 1.0% incline
2min-17min: run at 5.4 at 1.0% incline
17min-22min: walk at 4.2 at 1.0% incline
22mi-27 min: run at 5.4 at 1.0% incline
27-30 min: walk at 4.2 at 1.0% incline

Oh yeah! I realized afterwards that I should have just kept running because it was VERY difficult to start up again at minute 22. However, when I got home and told my husband what I did and what I thought I should have done, he disagreed and said, "you'll get there. Just take your time." I am, once again, getting to the point of enjoying running and the challenge it provides me. I don't want to hate it (ever) again, and that is one of the reasons I *only* ran for 15 minutes as opposed to 20. And, let me say that minute 15 to minute 17 were VERY painful, if only intellectually.

Tomorrow it's off to the gym EARLY. I'm going to give another 10-15 minute run a shot. My legs are a bit sore today, so I'm not sure if I can do 15 again. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Don't say "only" and "15 minutes." Say "a whole fifteen minutes!" Because, as I like to point out to myself, it's 15 more minutes than I did last week.

You rock, babe.