Thursday was my weigh in, and, if you can believe this, I gained 0.8 pounds! I couldn't stay for the meeting due to some teaching stuff, but my meeting leader, G., (who weighed me in) gave me a great pep talk about sticking with it, not getting frustrated, understanding that the running is helping me gain muscle, that muscle weighs more than fat, etc. I understood what she was saying, but I have to say, I was so annoyed, especially given the fact that my former "fat jeans" can now be taken off without even unbuttoning the button! I really thought I had a good 2 to 2.5 pound weight loss this past week. Such is not the case.
The good news is that I'm not going to give up. I've had a few days to replay the conversation with G, my meeting leader, AND I've talked off my husband's ear about this whole 0.8 gain. He has said the EXACT same stuff as G., so I'll just keep on fighting the good fight.
Stay tuned.
1 comment:
DAMMIT I had this comment all written out and the "new improved" blogger just ate it. DAMN.
Anyway, the jist of it was to think about which will be more easy to live with: being a higher weight and smaller size, or being a lower weight and maybe larger size? There's nothing wrong with wanting to get that "hit" from the weigh-in and for wanting to weigh less, but be sure it's your true goal!!
Post a Comment